The English Access Microscholarship Program is currently seeking qualified English teachers to start classes in autumn 2018. Classes are Monday through Saturday, 3 hours weekly.
U.S. Embassy and English Language Teachers’ Association (ELTA Serbia) provide English language instruction to groups of 25 students, ages 13-15, from economically disadvantaged families in Kraljevo. The program targets students who have excelled academically and have limited opportunities to study English.
This program will give the teachers the opportunity to be part of a committed and professional team. Teachers will learn and share best practices in English teaching and grow professionally. This experience will strengthen their opportunities to participate successfully in their community’s socio-economic development and apply for future U.S. educational and exchange programs. In addition, the participants will become familiar with many aspects of U.S. culture and thus develop a deeper understanding of current issues in U.S. society.
- English Teaching Degree or related field
- At least 3 years of experience teaching English as a Foreign or Second Language
- Completed application with a statement of purpose
Participants will be selected through an open, merit-based competition. Top candidates will be interviewed by the Access Coordinator. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
COMPLETE APPLICATION INCLUDES
- Curriculum Vitae (must be written in English) with a recent photo
- One page essay discussing how you would teach English to students from an economically disadvantaged and non-elite background
- A sample lesson plan of yours
- The subject line must include the name of the city which you apply for
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 5th, 2018.