IV International Conference
Language for Specific Purposes and Professional Identity
Foreign Language and Literature Association of Serbia (FLLAS) with its Language for Specific Purposes Special Interest Group (LSP SIG) and the Teacher Education Faculty, University of Belgrade, organize the fourth International Conference on Languages for Specific Purposes, which will take place on
29 – 30 September 2017
at Teacher Education Faculty, University of Belgrade
We would like this conference to bring together experts from different countries who would present their research and exchange experience with all participants. Our aim is to point out the importance of proficiency in a foreign language for building and developing professional identity of each individual.
Participants are invited to submit their abstracts within the following LSP fields:
1. Theoretical Approach to Studying Languages for Specific Purposes
2. LanguageforSpecificPurposes: DidacticalandMethodologicalInnovations
3. From Traditional to Contemporary LSP Coursebook
4. Challenges in DevelopingandInnovating LSP Syllabi
5. Issues in Scientific and Technical Translation
6. Use of Terminological Dictionaries and Glossaries in Teaching LSP
7. Teaching LSP in Digital Environment
8. Interdisciplinary Approach to Teaching LSP
9. LSP for Developing Academic Skills
10. Evaluating Students’ Language Competencies
11. Different Models of Education and Training of LSP Teachers
12. Teaching LSP in Vocational Schools Today
Conference languages are English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Serbian. Abstracts should be written in the language of the presentation (one of the official Conference languages). All presentations will be allotted 20 minutes.
The paper proposal should contain the following elements:
(1) Name and surname of the author/authors
(2) Author’s/authors’ affiliation
(3) E-mail address of the author/authors
(4) Title of the paper (up to 10 words)
(5) Abstract (150-200 words) with a clear description of aims, methodology and expected research results
(6) Key words (up to 5 words)
You are kindly asked to submit your abstract as a Word (.doc) attachment to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Abstract) no later than 1 April 2017.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by 1 June 2017.
Abstracts will be assessed against the following criteria: originality and relevance of the research topic, approach and scientific contribution.