Due to technical issues with our website, the ELTA Happy Week has been extended to Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022.
If it wasn’t for ELTA, I wouldn’t now be a teacher with around 70 hours of professional development, the 3-week teaching practice in London, loads of new skills gained at the seminars and dozens of new fellow colleagues from all around Serbia. Mind you, all of that in just 1 year of my membership!Anica Đokić, Novi Sad
The Power of Membership
Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions. How amazing is that?
Whether you’re a veteran educator, student, or fresh on the scene, now is the time to join. Together we are the biggest advocates for our schools, our students, and ourselves!
Building Your Skills
ELTA offers top-notch professional development opportunities designed to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Serbia. Whether attending one of our conferences or participating in a training or workshop, ELTA can help you be the best educator you can be!
Our annual conferences deliver knowledge and skills on a variety of topics, including testing, evaluation, and assessment, English for specific purposes, teacher development, ELT management and computer-assisted language learning. When you attend the ELTA conference, you experience engaging workshops and sessions, a perspective from some of the best content experts and thought leaders in education, and opportunities to network with colleagues.
The Benefits of Membership
There are benefits when we stand together. ELTA was founded in 2003 by merging two of the biggest teachers’ associations, ELTAB (English Language Teachers’ Association of Belgrade) and YELTA (Yugoslav English language Teachers’ Association).
A few of the more notable benefits include:
- attending ELTA Annual Conference and other events such as ELTA YLT SIG Day at members’ rate
- discounted registration fees for educational and professional development courses and seminars accredited by the Ministry of Education
- opportunity to join IATEFL through Wider Membership Scheme
- free ELTA webinars
- free e-issues of our bi-monthly newsletter, networking with colleagues from other national and international associations
Join primary and secondary English teachers, teachers working in higher education, language schools, students of English, all language professionals, and professionals to be interested in ensuring excellence in English language teaching.
How to Join Us?
Joining us is easy and can be done online. Please complete the membership/institutional form and follow the procedure described in the provided link.
- Instead of 2.000,00 RSD, teachers will pay 1.500,00 RSD for a full-year membership.
- Students and retired teachers will pay 500,00 RSD for the annual membership.
- Schools and other institutions which pay two full memberships (4.000,00 RSD) will get a third membership for free.