The application for Fall 2021 courses closes on July 20, 2021
Online Professional English Network (OPEN) offers virtual learning opportunities to foreign English language educators, professionals and learners worldwide. OPEN promotes mutual exchange of culture and provides free access to teaching and learning materials which can be reused, adapted and shared with others. OPEN professional development opportunities are developed by U.S. academic institutions and experts in the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
OPEN Online Courses for Teachers, former American English E-Teacher Scholarship Program, offer foreign English teaching professionals the opportunity to take university-level professional development courses through various university partners in the United States. The program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by FHI 360. All OPEN Online Courses use the latest in instructional technology to provide participants with an interactive distance-learning experience and are designed to familiarize participating teachers with current methods and issues in the field of English as a Foreign Language. The Courses also connect participants with U.S. English language teaching experts and create a professional network of international colleagues.
Fall 2021 Open Online Courses (course descriptions attached):
- Content-Based Instruction
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI)
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting (Integrating Critical Thinking)
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- TESOL Methodology
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom
- Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME)
Participant Eligibility Requirements (participant flyer attached)
Application Form (attached)
If you need additional information or have any questions, please contact us at BelgradeEL@state.gov.